Library Corporation (TLC) is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and benefits and a congenial work environment. If you have strong personal and professional skills and want to work in a rapidly growing enterprise that uses the latest technology, we invite you to send your resume and salary requirements in Microsoft® Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Client Services Support Technician
TLC is committed to providing an outstanding and unexpected level of service to its clients. Client Services Support Technicians are required to uphold this high standard of service while supporting TLC’s Software Products. Members of our Support Team complete daily assignments consisting of the following: configure and maintain Oracle Databases, work with the latest Dell servers and workstations, support the entire library automation system, website administration and maintenance, troubleshoot network issues, and installation of software.
- Work day shift between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:00pm, with occasional 12:30-9pm shift work
- Support TLC’s library automation software products
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot TLC and Oracle software
- Provide outstanding customer support via phone, email, and online help desk support functions
- Diagnose and troubleshoot hardware/software issues
- Infrequent short term travel to customer sites required
- Excellent command of Windows client O/S: XP/Vista/Windows 7
- Working knowledge of Windows server O/S: NT/2000/2003/2008
- Knowledge of MAC OS client is a plus
- Knowledge of Linux command line language is a plus
- Knowledge of Oracle installation, configuration, and basic database management skills is a plus
- Ability to troubleshoot/diagnose computer and peripheral devices
- Ability to code HTML and administer/maintain Internet Information Server is a plus
- Possess strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to convey meaning and understanding to customers and staff of TLC with various technical backgrounds
- Demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills, including the ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Work both independently and in a team environment
- Meet very strict time and project deadlines
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer offering competitive salaries and benefits and a congenial work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. If you have the personal and professional skills for this position and want to work in a rapidly growing enterprise that uses the latest technology, we invite you to send us your resume and salary requirements.
The Library Corporation is located approximately 50 miles West of Washington, DC. We wish to hire candidates living within a 50 mile radius of TLC or those who are willing to pay their own relocation costs.
Outside Sales Consultant
The Library Corporation, TLC, is a leading provider of Library Automation Systems and is looking for a well-organized, highly motivated Outside Sales Consultant to drive new revenue for the business by selling software and services to libraries in the US and Canada.
The Library Corporation is located approximately 50 miles West of Washington, DC. Current territory openings include the Midwest, mid-Atlantic, Northeast, and Ontario, Canada. The ideal candidate will reside in close proximity to their territory.
The ideal candidate is able to parlay excellent communication, analytical, and demonstration skills into highly profitable sales. This position provides the opportunity for business, sales, and market strategy development. The candidate will also have demonstrated initiative, collaboration, and dedication to quality customer service.
Compensation includes a competitive base salary plus commission.
The position requires a Bachelor of Science degree, other equivalent degree, or extensive work experience with a proven record of accomplishment. Prior library automation sales and experience is a plus. Knowledge of library automation needs along with experience working with public, academic, and/or school libraries is required. Excellent presentation & communication skills are necessary as major job responsibilities involve onsite or remote product demonstrations along with extensive written and verbal communication.
- Highly polished, engaging, and informative sales presentations
- 50% travel expected
- Develop proposals including price quotes
- Understand and articulate how TLC’s solutions serve libraries
- Understand and articulate the value of TLC’s products and services
- Ability to exceed quarterly and yearly sales goals
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain both a broad understanding of the product’s capabilities and a deep understanding of areas being demonstrated
- Develop sales plans that include identifying new revenue growth opportunities and forecasting revenue
- Develop key contacts and business relationships with influential decision makers
What we’re looking for:
Someone who thrives in a dynamic, team-oriented environment; who can use cutting edge technology to create and deliver complete solutions for our clients.
Someone with a solid foundation in software engineering and the ability to think through complex problems.
Development experience with the latest tools and technology as well as a strong understanding of the full development life cycle.
What we offer:
The opportunity to work with leading edge Agile development methodologies (Kanban, Scrum, and XP)
The satisfaction of seeing your code used daily by the public, both nationally and internationally.
Onsite and offsite training
Multiple paths for career advancement
In addition, enjoy the breathtaking mountain views from our newly remodeled office. Take advantage of the on-site fitness center and sandwich shop.
We are conveniently located on Colorado Blvd, just North of I-25, within walking distance of the RTD Light Rail. If you would prefer to drive, we have covered parking to keep your car cool in the summer, and protected from Old Man Winter.
If you’re looking for a new challenge in a leading edge environment, we want to talk to you.
Software development including estimating, technical specifications, coding, source control, and unit testing.
Design and code functional routines and modules in accordance to a software engineering specification (use case).
Participate in design brainstorming sessions, technical design reviews, formal code reviews, bug triage, and functional walkthroughs.
Work closely with a team of developers and program managers.
3-5 years of experience doing Object Oriented development.
Strong skills and experience in writing SQL queries, designing databases, developing database applications, and Object-Relational mapping required.
Have utilized Pair Programming within development.
Excellent analysis and problem solving skills required.
Good verbal and written communication skills.
The following skills / experiences are a plus
Implementing Object Oriented patterns utilizing common development practices.
Oracle PL/SQL or similar
Knowledge of Service Oriented Architectures (SOAP, REST, JSON)
Working in an Agile Development Environment (Kanban, Scrum, XP)
We are an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and benefits and a congenial work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. If you have the personal and professional skills for this position and want to work in a rapidly growing enterprise that uses the latest technology, we invite you to send us your resume and salary requirements.